I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, January 25, 2008

Five Stars

Front Gardens Cypress House
January 15, 2007

I mentioned we stayed at Cypress House in Key West in yesterday's entry. This historical must stay at Conch Mansion built in 1888 bed & breakfast is on the corner of Simonton and Caroline Streets in Key West a block from Duval Street. We stayed in The Blue room (Room 5) the original master bedroom of the main house. The romantic room is painted pale blue and has the most amazing painted scenery on the ceiling! The adjoining bathroom is a lavish 14' x 14', large enough to make most people wanting to renovate their home baths. Two doors lead from the room onto the large second story veranda with lots of comfortable wicker furniture and a porch swing. The photo was taken from the veranda looking down on the lush front gardens. More lush, tropical gardens surround Cypress House, Simonton House and the pool area turning the property into a tropical oasis. I'm telling you I was just itching to talk gardening with our wonderful host Dave the innkeeper. Ben, Gabi and Lady Bug gave a warm welcome and love to be petted. A continental breakfast was served daily and it is quite good. Happy Hour from 6 to 7 pm was on the patio beside the pool. There were free snacks and drinks combined with a lot of laughter and chatter as guests got to meet each other.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.