I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, May 02, 2008

bizzare


The Head
May 1, 2008

When we moved here last year, I had little idea that we would encounter hidden bizarreness. On first sight the massive fireplace and and beautiful tongue and groove panels ceilings sporting large beams combined with matching wainscoting in most of the lower level meant love at first sight. Set on a beautiful park-like setting with overflowing gardens and backing onto the water sealed the deal. Hidden throughout the house and lurking in the gardens was what I can best describe as being bizarre and that's coming from someone who prides herself in having a gnome empire!

We seriously hauled out two truck loads of very weird almost scary garden decorations last summer. The gnomes in their wisdom declared the findings bad karma. Not one of them were in one piece. There was the dinosaur missing a good portion of his top half, small statues missing arms or legs or heads and similar type items including the tombstone I posted about shortly after moving in. Seriously the former owner either had a very warped sense of humour and/or had issues! My poor gnomes were all in a tither at the scary findings.

Yesterday we were clearing out a garden bed as in eliminating it. Just when we thought we had found all the strange ones out pops The Head pictured above along with more of his garden mates. He actually is intact with all apparent parts. The toothy grin sent me into fits of laughter! Considering by that time we were into day four of sewer problems meaning no indoor toilets or showers, that grin just smacked of a gotcha. Then it hit my funny bone and I started laughing. After all the week's upsets, a belly rolling laugh was just the perfect stress buster. Laughter is good for the soul regardless of how it comes about :)

Garden Gnome
©2007


4 comments:

  1. I am glad you got a good laugh after all the troubles of the week. Perhaps that is why the previous owner had these fellows in her garden!

    I hope all works out and that you are well.

    Happy BYB Sunday. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me laugh, too. I think you should keep the head and put it in a place where you may see it from a window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, sometimes a good laugh really is the best remedy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The head has to go but the memory will be in one of my scrapbooks :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.