I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, September 04, 2008

how much is that doggy in the window?


The Dog
July 21, 2008

Now this is a real fitting picture! This dog (and yes it is a real dog) was sitting in the window of a store is St. Ignace, Michigan. I want a dog oh so bad yet my husband doesn't want one. According to him and since we have a boat any dog had best be able to swim from the middle of the lake. I still want a dog! It doesn't matter that I have allergies, I want a dog! Not a huge dog or a fancy dog but a dog. I had a dog for 18 years of my childhood and I had multiple dogs that also shared our home. I need a dog! We tried one of the oh so cute spaniels from the Beanie Baby® collection. I'm not kidding he used it to turn out the light in our room! He could whip that stuffed dog across the room and hit the light switch every time. So I figured out he didn't really like spaniels even though they are oh so cute. And this really comes as a surprise since he actually allowed the kids to keep Tiger (a tabby cat) for over 20 years! Men are so complicated sometimes. Here's the deal I will cook, clean, entertain, quit complaining and in short your life will be heaven [much the same as it is now] if you just let me have a dog. Man! I won't even complain about him having to control the tv remote 24 hours a day 7 days a week or his belching or even when he laughs because he toots (what's with that anyway?). And when the scary parts of Law and Order or Criminal Inten come on I won't have to run to the washroom because my dog (aka my dog) will make it ok. From my perspective, that seems like a pretty good deal :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


3 comments:

  1. Life is too short to let time go by without a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a dog! I FEEL your pain... Dog make everything OK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.