I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Lazy Day


The Cabin
November 10, 2008

Today has been about as lazy as it gets and for good reason. Yesterday I woke with an ear ache so took the initial steps to get relief. By evening it was obvious that hadn't worked as the symptoms increased so went onto using hydrogen peroxide. This morning I realized it was getting worse instead of better so increased the hydrogen peroxide and my husband is picking up antibiotic ear drops on his way home. So I really haven't felt like doing much.

Much of the day has been spent analysing our energy usage on PowerSaverPlus and playing with Photoshop®. I do the energy analysis each fall just to see how well we have done in our goal to reduce our energy consumption over the past year. I'll be blogging about that late tonight on my homemaking blog but in the mean time I am very happy to report our energy usage (electricity, natural gas) is almost half that of the average home! In reality our energy usage is less than half but it's nice to know we are on the right track and I like being able to get a few more tips to add to our winter home improvement to do list.

I admit to being a computer multi-tasker. Just ask my husband! I was working in Photoshop® for this picture while dropping on Entrecard, reading email, doing the energy audit and doing several searches. I played with several filters on the original picture of the cabin using several layers. I like the overall effect. Photoshop® never ceases to amaze me!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.