I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Patterns of Life

Patterns of Life
November 19, 2009

Have you ever noticed how patterned life it? It begins from the moment of conception and continues throughout our entire lives. Even after life ceases it is still patterned. The universe is patterned and everything about life is patterned. Anything that throws that pattern off even just a little creates a bit of chaos. It's only when an event throws off the pattern too much that life does become chaos. So here is my rendition of Saturday Night Live's Deep Thoughts.

I thought this image of a tiled floor would make for a good imagery of the pattern of life. Notice how the pattern is distinct with lines forming repetitive connections. The pattern in itself is consistent, repetitive and predictable yet other slight events affect the surface of the pattern. For many the recent economic events and uncertain future has been that precipitating factor. In some cases the recession is forming shadows along the patterns edges. In other cases it's adding a bit of clouding through the middle of the pattern but as long as the pattern remains, life goes on.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.