I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, January 04, 2015

What a Difference a Year Makes!

winter classic 2014
Winter Classic 2014
January 1, 2014

My husband celebrated New Year's Day 2014 at the Winter Classic game in Anne Arbour, Michigan.  It was a bitterly cold, snowy day.  I think he was still froze through, this time last year!  A year ago today, we were in the midst of a deep freeze with blizzard conditions.  We couldn't even see the houses across the road!  The weather just turned much colder here today with the first snow storms going through but so far aside of a little freezing rain and sleet, the weather has been very good compared to last year. 

I am quite surprised at how good the weather has been.  We were able to make the trip from Florida to home on Dec 22 without encountering any snow, just a bit of heavy rain around Atlanta.  Other than that, the roads were dry.  The kids were able to get their holiday travels in without driving in nasty conditions too.  It's cold and the wind is howling but so far the roads are still quite drivable.  It wouldn't hurt my feelings if it stayed this way all winter.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the look of snow, like taking a rare walk in the snow when it is crunchy, and the smell of crisp, clear winter air.  I just don't like driving on snow covered, icy roads!


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.