I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hot Flashes :)


It's time for a little humour and in case anyone is wondering, I can find a lot of humour in my own life. It's not exactly like I'm a spring chicken but I'm young at heart so that counts and it's not like I'm exactly old neither as I haven't hit that four score and something mark yet. The current source of humour here is known as hot flashes. Hey you had to figure that eventually that topic or some reference to it would come up. I am a little concerned when walking to the car on these chilly mornings surrounded by a cloud of steam of my very own production and that's while wearing a t-shirt and shorts! It's discerning to see our house is surrounded by fog when the neighbouring houses are nice and clear with no fog in sight. Seriously I am just "this close" to becoming a nudist and then I would still be too hot. Yep, I can just see the looks on my kids face when they show up seeing me in my birthday suit, stretch marks and all! They would just roll their eyes and give that look "Mom's on a new kick." while silently wondering how long before it passes. Now that's a good question because I'm wondering how long hot flashes last myself. Seriously they can't last longer than a year or so, can they? Well if they are going to last for any length of time, I'll best make the most of them. They are too good to pass up!

Why I love hot flashes:

  • No heat is required in the house ever. Trust me I can produce enough heat to heat the house in a blizzard and then some!
  • I now have a beautiful, glistening glow. It comes and goes but hey it is cheaper than make-up.
  • Sleeping is simply an option freeing up more time for playing online! Who needs sleep anyway?
  • I'm saving a lot of time and energy on cooking food by strapping pouches of food to my waist during the day. By dinner time the food is nicely steamed ready to eat!
  • They are cheaper than either a sauna or hot tube and just as beneficial.
  • Grandma (aka me) makes a good slip and slide :)
  • I'm my own de-wrinkler - clothes and otherwise and I work reasonably well near curtains too.
  • My husband is thrilled I can pop corn on my tummy while watching tv.
  • Border patrol has classified me as a hot spot! They hover over our house to the point I'm going to need a tin foil hat but that would hold the heat in :(
  • I love saying "Honestly officer, there is only me in the car." as they eye up the steamed windows while I'm sitting in the parking lot.
  • They taught me a new game - "Covers on, Covers off".
  • My husband has to put on the fog lights just to get out of our driveway. Thanks to me, he knows those lights work!
Stay tuned for a wonderful side effect of hot flashes called mood swings. Apparently, mood swings are a bit more noticeable to those other than me. They don't bother me in the least so I'll have to get the opinions of others to post a follow-up.


3 comments:

  1. I love your spirit. This is wonderful.

    When I was pregnant, I enjoyed being warm all the time! I'll look forward to the same when the next phase comes!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:57 AM

    We call them *Power surges* here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... I am always cold. It drives my husband nuts. Some day we'll be able to be comfortable in the same room?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.