I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not so Good

Autumn Days
September 28, 2007

It has been an extremely eventful week, some good but most not so good. We are on the final countdown to leaving on our winter vacation. So I've been focusing on genealogy and packing. Tuesday I noticed something wasn't quite right so called my doctor duly noting the problem. I did not like what I heard but went in anyway. This has been a problem since the week before Christmas but with so much going on it was rather easy to gloss over. Yesterday my doctor sent me for ultra sound that I have to admit is so much nicer when you are not expecting. As of 1:30 pm yesterday our vacation plans were within a hair of being cancelled. So the end result from something I thought was benign was "probable problem" with "medication" (just what I need) and rather strict restrictions on our travel plans and other activities. Plus I have to go back for more tests the day we get back. So I'm not out of the woods yet but at least I can go. I'm not a happy camper and I will tell you this has been one heck of a wake-up call! Honestly, I eat quite healthy, am reasonably active, live a fair healthy lifestyle SO apparently I did not choose my parents very well. Dang it all, my husband could easily survive on junk food. I'm very particular about what I eat. Who has the cholesterol problem? ME! Despite the pain I got my 30 minute walk in today. Ok, enough about my problems.

We got the phone call that one of our good friends was in a traffic accident Tuesday. He was driving a Toyota (aka coffin on wheels) when he hit a deer. Now my husband hit a deer several years ago and it totaled the car. That car was considerably bigger than a Toyota so even the thoughts give me shudders. Our friend is in intensive care at the trauma centre. He is scheduled for surgery early this upcoming week but they are having a difficult time stabilizing him. The prognosis is dismal at best. We will be cutting our vacation short if we get a call from his wife to say things have worsened. He's way too young!

I'm asking all my internet friends and anyone reading this blog to please send healing thoughts and prayers to our friend. He really needs it now as does his family. Let him know there are many out there thinking about him now and during his (will be) long recovery. Pray that his family will have the strength to help in this process. Please, please even if you don't believe send healing thoughts! Let them enfold him, hold him, heal him. Let him know how much he is loved and needed not only by those here now but also by those to come. Please...


6 comments:

  1. I hope you and your friend are well and strong soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your friend.

    My thoughts are with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. scary! I hope the surgery goes well. deer on roads are such a menace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have prayers coming to your friend from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you everyone for your very kind support and prayers. I will pass them along to our friend.

    Have a blessing filled week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you via BlogRush.

    I certainly hope that you get much better very soon and that your friend does as well. I've prayed for you both and hope that it helps.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.