I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - Winter Storm

blog your blessings Sunday

winter storm
Winter Wonderland
December 16, 2007


Family has always been one of my cherished blessings. Knowing the kids would be traveling in snow storm last night really put me ill at ease. I was very relieved to get that phone call to say they were home safe and sound. Over night the storm turned everything to a winter wonderland. The thick blanket of snow was quite pretty despite the dull, heavy grey skies threatening more to come.

The water has taken on a cold, bluish grey cast and the snow is still coming down. The winds have picked up causing drifting. The visibility is greatly reduced as well so it is not the time to be out on the roads. As I went about taking pictures of the storm from the warmth and safety of our home, I was reminded how lucky I was to be able to enjoy such beauty. Even though the sun wasn't shining to reveal the multitude of snow diamonds, the view was still spectacular.

Our pantry is very well stocked so there is no need to go out for anything. I've spent the day so far cooking and doing a bit of catch-up for the holidays. The storm is not supposed to let up until tomorrow morning so my husband will work from home instead of going into the office. The electricity has so far remained on unlike our previous house where the power would have been out several times by now with this type of storm. The ability to stay tucked safely in our home during this storm is a blessing that I'm very thankful for.


4 comments:

  1. What a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:24 PM

    Beautiful photographs. Glad your children are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picture!

    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your snow -- beautiful photos are made after a snowfall! Enjoyed seeing yorus. Thanks! My blessing was sorta about snow but really about patience.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.