I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Extrordinary!

I'm doing the most amazing thing while my tomato soup is cooking. I'm taking apart my Canon A 5 530 digital camera of only 6 months. It dropped a very short distance when the lens was extended. so we took it back to the store and they said because we didn't buy the extended warranty at only $89 that would not have covered a drop anyways the only thing we could do was send it away to see what repairs would be necessary. That would cost us $40 for them to look at it then $80 per hour for them to fix it. My husband said "hell no" bought a Canon A540 so I get to play with the A530. It would have cost us more to repair than the camera was worth. I have the lens so it is now retracting when the camera is shut off but the lens must be in wrong as nothing is showing up on the view finder so bit by bit I'm taking the thing apart. Very interesting! I figure I have nothing to lose but if I can get the camera working again we will have two digital cameras.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.