I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Welcome to My Journey

I'm not sure why I decided to create this blog. Maybe just to get what's happening in writing or maybe just to share my feelings. I have two other blogs, Garden Gnome Wanderings and Mom's Cafe Home Cooking. Both of those blogs have specific purposes. This one really doesn't have a specific purpose, it just is.

I've been up since 3:30 AM this morning. I have one huge brick wall that is being stubborn. The weather has been getting cooler so the garden work has lessened but the kitchen work has increased. Despite that my thoughts have turned to genealogy. From now until closer to Christmas much of my attention will be on genealogy. After Christmas my full attention will be on genealogy until at least the seed catalogues arrive.

My database has just reached 6,500 people. It is more than a database though. In my quest to discover my heritage, I have turned over every nook and cranny to find even the smallest details of my ancestors' lives. I love discovering my ancestors' lifestyle, what they wore, what they ate and anything else I can find. One of my lines is scheduled for the publisher's but I really want to break through this other line. It would be a very interesting line to publish.

Now the brick wall is just being stubborn and that is really bothering me. My goal this year is to find the missing link. I know how this person comes down and I have all the information from me to him. What I am missing is one generation! He was French Canadian and Catholic. Both of those records are very, very extensive yet I cannot find him. So instead of sleeping, I'm searching once again, going over the copious amount of notes just in case I've missed one small clue that could make a difference.

Dawn is just starting so it's time to head to the garden to watch the world wake up. My mind is full of questions so quiet time is what is needed.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.