I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Funky Day

It's been a funk day. It started out as a "where do I start day" then moved quickly to a "quick clean up and wait" followed by "I'm tired" day. It started at 4:30 this morning but I did end up going back to bed for another hour or two. I ended up turning on the furnace as it was quite cool outside. Still my mind is on my illusive ancestor even though I knew I had to focus on finishing the produce for the next few days.

The kitchen was loaded with produce so "where to start" was an issue. I decided drying green peppers, sautéing mushrooms for freezing, and making tomato soup. I'm a strong advocate of keeping knives sharp at all times so it really ticked me off when I cut my thumb. In most cases a dull knife is the guilty party but in this case it was a very, very sharp knife. The cut was clean and refused to stop bleeding. By now I was really ticked so I bandaged up the thumb and decided the great outdoors was needed. Except, I came in with another basket of tomatoes and two more zucchini.

I just got out of the bath. It was well spiked with epsom salt, nice and hot to take away all the aches, pains and stress. As I drifted into the warmth, my illusive ancestor danced in front of my eyes. It's funny I can picture his face! I know so much about him! I woke with a start realizing that I was so close yet was missing just "something" but even now I can't think of what that something is. For some reason it feels like this ancestor is somehow speaking to me but I'm still missing something. This is very annoying but I decided to deal with the problem using the "less is more". When my mind is peaceful and not focused on something, the answer comes. So for the next little bit aside of canning I will be focusing on keeping my mind peaceful, meditating, and generating inner energy to hopefully help me find the answer. I know it is there it just is not in my current awareness. Despite the fact I have a lot of produce to finish processing tomorrow, I might just spend the day cemetery stomping.

My husband hates that term and thinks it rather morbid I do this. I basically take pen,a lot of paper, charcoals, digital camera, sandwich and drinks then spend my entire day in the cemetery of choice. But I know for sure there is no tombstone for this ancestor. Still a day of cemetery stomping might not be a bad idea. Maybe it will give me a clue for my illusive ancestor.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.