I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Education



The significance of this photo is quiet being combined with knowledge. This is kind of a funny post because it came about from an online discussion regarding education. I currently have advanced degrees. These official degrees mean I have advanced knowledge in some disciplines but they do not take into account the self learning or simple life experience. There is something to be said for earning Doctrate in the School of Hard Knocks. My first genealogy book is scheduled to be published early 2007 and even that comes with misled feelings because it represents I've learned everything I could about those particular ancestors. That is an invalid conclusion. As technology advances the possibility of learning more and more about this ancestral couple will become increasingly possible. Honestly I firmly believe the day you stop learning is the day you start dying. My degrees say nothing about me as a person. They don't say anything about my love for learning, my tenacity to teach myself, my willingness to walk outside the box to try another method and my love for life. My husband says I should be very proud but my view is pride always goes before a fall. I am thankful for having the opportunity for higher education. I'm thankful for it making me a better person but it is not the only thing I'm about. I want to be known for what I do, the people I touch in life and the difference I can make while I'm living. I think that is the truer knowledge.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.