I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

kids


The Proof
July 27, 2008

I promise I will get onto our trip but I just had to share this one with you. Kids, the human kind not the goat kind can be downright hilarious! Oldest grandbaby was in the washroom getting the hair do when mommy said don't do that followed by a louded no followed by a I told you not to do that followed by loud cry. Grandbaby emerged from the bathroom chomping on soap with quite a discusted look on her face partly from mommy having no sympathy and the taste while hoping grandma aka me was going to fix it. As you can see from the picture she got a good chomp on it. Towel in hand I wiped what I could from her mouth while seriously biting my tongue to stop the laughter. I have a wicked sense of humour and this was just so funny! So in defense of dear grandbaby, I'm going to tell a little story about her mommy when she was little.

Her mommy was just a little older than grandbaby but not by much, talking quite clearly in well formed sentences. I said it was time for bed and at that time our kids' bedtime was 7 pm. She looked at me quite innocently and said I can't go to bed. Of course I had to ask why. With a very angellic look on her face the response was there's buttons up my nose. Sure enough on each side there were buttons up her nose and I still don't know where she got them from. Now the problem was my husband was away, I had three kids under the age of four so I called my husband's dad aka grandpa to drive us to the hospital while grandma watched the other two. They confirmed there were buttons up her nose. They had to freeze her nose then pull them out. What a nightmare at the time and I felt horrible that it had even happened because I watched the kids like a hawk! A week later my friend's kid somehow got all the tires off a hotwheels car, stuck them up his nose and they had to drive him 40 minutes to the hospital to get them out.

The button incident has become a long standing family joke. As I watch our baby going into the next phase of parenting when kids learn that very all important and powerful word no and assert themselves with that hissy fit aka temper tantrum and I see the patience, mixed with biting the tongue to stop from laughing combined with the love and guidance, I seriously cannot help but be proud of the mother she has become. The little one is under good guidance, soap and all. Someday she will tell the story of how she bit the soap and ended up eating most of it!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I love it! I'm waiting for #2 to put something up her nose soon. She's been nice enough to help the cats eat all their food up, several times now. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The neat thing with kids is they do something totally unexpected when least expected and just when you figure them out they do it differently. It's so nice of her to help eat the cat food :) Grandbaby has two cats. Cat food didn't appeal to her too much after a couple of trial but she sure loves washing mommy's floor using the cat water! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.