I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Butter Fingers

broken butter dish
Butter Fingers
March 27, 2011


We have a small twenty-inch wide counter between the refrigerator and stove.  It is my coffee and tea making station with the upper cabinet holding my collection of teas, coffees, hot chocolate and the breadbox.  The area is home to the espresso maker, the only kitchen appliance other than my KitchenAid stand mixer to stay on the counters.  Tucked on the side by the refrigerator, I have a small glass butter dish.  The electric tea kettle sits just in front of the espresso make when in use but otherwise it is put away. 

I have been on an herbal tea kick the last couple of weeks or so.  I put an empty herbal tea box in front of the butter dish closer to the edge of the counter to put any of the tea wrappings as some of the herbal tea bags are individually wrapped.  Somehow and I'm not sure how but suspect the house gnomes were having a wee bit of St. Paddy's fun the box and butter dish got switched around with the butter dish closest to the edge of the counter.  Well you can guess what happened as evidenced from the mess pictured.  Most of my kitchen food storage is glass so occasionally breakage it to be expected.  I was a bit ticked that there was about a quarter of a pound of butter wasted.  However, I was very thankful the thick glass bowl did not hit my foot.  It landed about an inch from my foot on my injured leg!  My foot is already swollen and painful from the drainage in my leg so having the butter dish fall on it would not have been a good thing. 

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.