I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Thaw

long
Log in the Water
March 17, 2011

The weather has turned milder which has been quite welcomed after what seems like a long winter.  While we didn't have any really bitter cold like we normally do, we had a lot of snowfall.  The snow came in a series of rather nasty storms that brought accumulations of 15 to 25 cm at a time with high winds resulting drifting and blowing snow.  As a result the driving conditions were quite hazardous on numerous occasions. 

The milder weather has brought ice down from the lakes.  Along with the ice is other debris, mainly logs and brush.  There has been a fair amount of run-off from the spring thaw as well.  The nice thing is we have been heating mainly with our gas fireplace that keeps the living level warm enough so that the furnace doesn't kick on.  I will be so glad when we can turn both the furnace and gas fireplace off!  Our heating bills are more than reasonable coming in about the third of the average for our area but we are very energy conscious and have done a lot of winterizing so it is to be expected they would be less.  Oh and I saw my first robin of the season too!  At any rate, spring is on the way...

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.