I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, January 27, 2007

mime at the Venetian
Mime
Venetian, Las Vegas

Mimes intrigue me! Not because they do their job so well and they do but because they can remain so still for so long. This mime at the Venetian in Las Vegas is one of the best I've seen. He or she did a mime of a statue. It was very, very good and very believable.

I wish I could be like that but I can't. I obviously inherited a you must be in constant motion gene. Wiggling and squiggling is just normal for me and it has worsened since being in an accident resulting in not being able to sit more than 15 minutes at a time. It darn neared killed me having to sit through seminars where that kind of movement is simply not acceptable. I managed to find a way to jiggle my feet and do mind exercises to compensate but it got me through and I still rely on those techniques today. Even when in semi-sleep or sleeping I'm in constant motion.

Being a geneticist and into genealogy has be thinking. I know for sure this particular trait was passed onto two of my kids so there is genetic link. Looking back on my genealogy, I've found no direct comment regarding this trait but there have been some very good indicators that this trait is fairly prevalent in my family history. It certainly has been prevalent in newer generation. Now what I would really like to pin point is which ancestor this trait came from. I'm thinking it is autosomal dominant given the pattern in my family history and in our kids. Back to researching...


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.