I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Winter Thoughts

winter ice in Ontario
Winter Ice

This was the view on the way to the airport on the 16th. Ice on the trees back by brilliant blue skies and bright sun is always a treat. Everything glitters with natural eye candy! The weather in Las Vegas was cool but dry and for the most part sunny. I think the sun makes so much difference as to how we feel. We really do need to get those sunny days to boost our moods and put things in perspective.

We came home to snow, dull grey skies and an air mattress. A new mattress has been ordered so all should be well shortly. We decided on a regular mattress instead of a waterbed mattress. That way we can be away for extended periods without worrying about the bed leaking and we'll save the costs of the heater.

It's snowing again today. Since we are so tired we barely notice but we have noticed the changing view and the water fowl while sipping our morning coffee then later curling up with a hot chocolate. January is almost over so things aren't so bad. February is a short month but the Old Farmer's Almanac is predicting six more weeks of winter. That really isn't too bad since November and December were so mild. In no time it will be time to start seeds and get the garden going. For now, I'm going to focus on genealogy and writing my book. Both are nice activities for cold winter days when I really don't want to go outdoors.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.