I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, October 05, 2008

BYBS - Harvest Abundance


For the past just shy of two weeks I have been processing tomatoes into various tomato products for us to enjoy until the next tomato season. So far I have processed 9 hampers and if the weather holds I will be processing two or three more. The tomatoes are free thanks to a family member who grows commercially and in addition to what we grow. We are also on a road trip that will afford me the wonderful opportunity to bring home an abundance of fresh produce to put up. It's going to be a very busy week!

I can't stress how very blessed we are to live in an area where local produce is not only abundant but also inexpensive. So many folks have to pay outrageous prices for fresh produce and so many folks are struggling to pay the rising food costs. Each time I put more jars of home canned foods into our walk-in pantry I am reminded to be very, very thankful that we have the skills to put up food for the coming year as well as the opportunity and means. I can rest easy knowing that I can provide for my husband and myself as well as our grown kids and the grandbabies. That is a really good feeling. It is a true blessing to be able to see your food stores and know you have enough not only for yourselves but to help out others.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.