I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, October 06, 2008

I'm Right on Schedule...

Yesterday:

Seriously I am right on schedule for doing nothing! We were up at the crack of dawn, had the car packed and out the door. As with all plans things change and often quite quickly. An hour or so later we are back home with my husband figuring out our next move (long irritating story) while I dropped on EC blogs. He could have been at the office making money! Anyway, I looked through my canning book then hunkered down to be busy doing nothing. I was feeling horrid more like death warmed over anyway so doing nothing sounds just fine with me. I even considered combining doing nothing with doing diddly squat but that would be multi-tasking and I was determined to just do nothing without any ADD tendencies getting in the way.

Looking at the clock it is now just after 10 PM. I think I have successfully done nothing today give or take a few glitches of doing something kicking in. The sky didn't fall and the house didn't collapse even though I did nothing. The laundry is still sitting there and the produce is waiting to be canned. I tried to focus on the political issues at hand but that really didn't fit in with doing nothing. So I turned the tv to the comedy shows and started laughing. Then I realized that was actually doing something when my goal was to do nothing. So I cuddled up on the couch with the tv in the background and tried drifting off to sleep. Again I was doing something. Seriously, doing nothing is a heck of a lot harder and a lot more work than it would appear!

I've decided to dedicate a substantial amount of time to researching the finer art of doing nothing. I even put it on my to do list right under the have a nervous breakdown as soon as I have time if I can remember where the heck my nerves are in the first place.


Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.