I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, October 24, 2008

ssssssshhhhhhhh!

mouse2


My apologies for not posting but we have been away. Saturday within minutes of each we were offered free tickets to the hockey game and a free three day bus trip for two for Tuesday through Thursday. All I can say is wow! We already had plans for this weekend so the entire week has been rather a total write-off as far as blogging goes. Monday I canned raspberry jam and applesauce while I did the last minute packing and travel plans. With everything finished I snuggled into bed to dream of fairies, gnomes and lots of other neat stuff. But wait...

About 3 am I woke with a start. Now that's nothing new to wake at that time but this was different. Unfreaking believable! I shook myself awake then shook my husband awake. It was true! There was a flipping mouse in the house!

Somehow this mouse had got past the sealing of every crack and crevice, copious amounts of expandable spray foam insulation, shrink wrapping the house as well as very explicit signs saying "No Mice Allowed" and armed mice slaying gnomes! Even our answering machine clearly states if you are a mouse "do not leave a message". This mouse had even by-passed the lovely mouse buffet I had carefully set around the perimeter of the house carefully guarded by mouse skulls on the fence posts.

Well now at 3 AM and somewhat half awake yet being forced to function it somehow dawned on me that I needed to protect the food in the pantry that wasn't in plastic or glass containers. I've been busy with canning so some foods coming in were not in plastic or glass. So I bolted from the bed, stubbed my toe on the way to the craft room, dumped the huge Rubbermaid® bin of yarn stash and hauled the bin downstairs to fill with anything a mouse could chew through. My husband to show his support stubbed his toe while plugging in the electronic devices and making a lot of noise. Apparently stubbing your toe hurts when when protecting the food supply is not your primary objective! I think the mouse thought we were a little too loud or something. He either left or hid while we got another hour of sleep before being out in the chilly morning to meet up with the tour group.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you could save your stores from the mouse attack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:44 AM

    All I can say is wow! We already had plans for this weekend so the entire week has been rather a total write-off as far as blogging goes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.