I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

toxic people


Here's Waldo!
Oct. 10, 2008

If you have followed this blog you will know I love wall art so I'm going to make a few comments before going onto the main topic for this entry. We found Waldo! He was on one of the bridge abutments on the lift bridge we had to go under before reaching the marina. As wall art goes this one is striking because of the contrast however it loses a lot of points because it is obviously a stencil and really not a well done one. It was cute though.

Friday night we settled in at the marina enjoying the beautiful Indian summer. Saturday a couple of late arrivers docked. Well within 10 minutes of docking one of the women who we have know for a few years and her husband is a real sweetheart made it very clear that she was greatly aggigated but this time I was the object of her furry! I managed to say hi when she just flew off. Without saying a word I got my husband's eye and we headed back to the boat where I talked. We figured it was just a fluke because we had seen this type of behaviour from her in the past. Nope, it wasn't a fluke and by the time we left she actually had her little group of girls over by themselves doing that childish schoolyard thing that mean "I'm talking about you and you aren't part of the in group" thing, I seriously could not believe this and that is just for being polite and saying hi? She was horribly nasty making snide remarks anytime I was in her presences. So knowing it had nothing to do with this particular trip, I thought back to the last time we boated and she was there. It was as far as I can figure August of 2007 and again nothing comes to mind that could have set her off. Prior to that it would have been the May long weeked of 2007 and again nothing. So I'm baffled. Neither one of us can come up with any explanation for her sudden vicious and nasty behaviour.

Today I had a chance to reflect and I honestly think she is one who falls into the category that they are not happy unless they are in total control of everything. The moment they aren't, anyone in their pathway is going to get the outfall regardless if there is no reason. They are bitter and always on guard to find fault and reward you with a sharp tongue. She reminds me strongly of some folks I have met online who revel in spreading nastiness and hard feelings. In both cases these are toxic people. They don't care how or who they hurt as long as they inflict pain and quite often I don't even think they know why they are doing so. They aren't happy unless they are hurting others. Every time your thoughts turn to them trying to figure out what the heck set them off yet one more time, they are getting exactly what they want. They are eating at your heart and soul.

I'm sorry but I don't have time to deal with toxic people. Taking the high road is always the best course of action when dealing with toxic people.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.