I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Are Your Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution?

I'm a go getter who has no problem taking action where needed.  It's in my make-up, that bit of stubbornness mixed with attitude fueled by a heart that really does want to make a difference in this world.  My pet peeve has always been childhood hunger or hunger of any kind.  Years ago when our kids were young, I can't tell you how many kids I fed.  They were always at our house and at least two of them there because they would not have got fed at home.  It made no never mind to me.  I will not see anyone go hungry if I can help it.  Food insecurity is one of Canada's growing concerns.  It is surprising how many Canadian children go hungry on a daily basis.  As a Canadian this really bothers me.  I can't sit by twiddling my thumb, doing nothing.

Little did I know what I was doing by feeding those kids, something that just came naturally, was part of the solution.  I never thought of it that way.  Fast forward to 2012 and I have an amazing community project underway.  If all goes according to plan, it will be part of the solution to feeding the hungry in our community.   I'm excited and yet scared.  I'm not scared of failing but more of letting down those who are looking for help so come hell or high water this project is going to fly!  I am determined to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.  Failure is not an option!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2012


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.