I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Blogger Difficulties


Sunset
August 12, 2007

Note: For those readers following my homemaking blog, Blogger's spam bots flagged it as a possible spam blog. I have requested it be unlocked but apparently that can take as long as a week. Until it is unlocked the blog will show a 404 Error. I will let you know when it is unlocked. As of now, I am in the process of mirroring my blogs to prevent this type of thing happening again!

Today I realized how at the mercy of others blogging can be. Imagine my surprize when I logged onto Blogger only to find that I had been locked out of one of my blogs! I have no access to any of the content until someone at Blogger views my homemaking blog and sees that it is not a spam blog. I realize that this is a free service and I agree to the TOS but I hold copyright to any of the material I have written. To disallow posting to that blog while I wait for a human to review it I could understand. To deny me access to my copyright protected posts and images, I cannot. And to think this is all done by an automated robot! Essentially you are guilty until proven innocent :( In the meantime I lose readers who enjoy that blog some who may not return. It looks bad on me as well. I sincerely apologize to my loyal readers who follow one or more of my blogs. As mentioned above, I am taking measures to mirror all of my blogs as I type this. This type of thing should not happen whether it is a free service or not.


5 comments:

  1. Hey Garden Gnome!

    Just passing through via BE - that sucks! I can't believe you can't access your own blog. That would cheeze me off pretty badly, I think. Here's hoping everything is running great again quickly, and have a good weekend!

    :)
    Mystery
    www.shotinthedarkmysteries.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mystery maiden! Thanks for stopping by. Not being able to access one of my blogs is most frustrating. I have no idea what triggered their spam bot to flag my blog either. So far it is still down :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garden Gnome,

    I've had this experience with two blogs I work with. It's a random Blogger thing! Don't worry about its reflecting on you. Both times the blogs were released pretty quickly. It is a pain, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sick.

    I hope you haven't lost any readers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, this is definitely a pain. It's going onto day 5 now so the que must have been considerable. Maybe they need to fine tune their bots to not give so many false spam reports!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.