I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunar Eclipse

lunar eclipse starting
lunar eclipse

The alarm was set for 4:30 am this morning. When it went off I scurried to the dock, camera in hand in eager anticipation. After two return trips to the house to get warmer clothes and something warm to drink I was ready to settle in to see the lunar eclipse. It was very cool and damp sitting on the dock. Absent minded, I wondered where all my neighbours were. They should be out on their docks taking in this marvel of nature but no, they were snuggled in their nice warm beds! A large what I think was a blue huron landed two docks over almost as if he was watching the eclipse to. His calls kept me company as did the occasional jump from a fish. Other than that the water was very still almost glass-like except when a freighter went by but it quickly returned to the glass state.

I sat quietly snapping pictures of the lunar eclipse and reflecting. The eclipse itself happened quite slowly until the moon was gone yet there was a hint of the moon as it took on a light red-orange glow that my camera couldn't capture. Reflection brought a few profound thoughts one of them about how we as humans tend to deal with relationships. If we don't nurture and encourage them, then tend to become shadowed until they do longer exist except in the imprints of our minds always leaving a mark on our soul.

As the eclipse sunk behind the clouds much to my dismay and the sky lightened with the rising sun my attention turned to my avian friend who had kept me company. I hoped for enough light to be able to get a picture but he had other plans. He gave one last call then spread his might wings circling once almost directly over me the flew north. I so wanted a picture! Instead I sat quietly listening to the awakening world around me. What an absolutely beautiful time of the day, greeting a new day full of anticipation of what is to become.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:41 PM

    Mmmm I love a full moon.
    So glad I found you on BlogExplosion.
    Your beautiful description allowed what you saw to play on my mind's screen.
    Have a wonderous week,
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frances, thank-you for your lovely compliment!

    Have a great week,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did better than I did! I set the clock and when it went off rolled over. Thanks for taking pictures! Next time I won't be so lazy, but thanks for filling the gap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome :) It was quite an interesting sight Sandy!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.