I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Possible Funnel Cloud


Possible Funnel Cloud
August 25, 2007 7:15 pm

Last evening the skies darkened so we went out to take pictures of the approaching storm. At 7:10 pm I took a photo of an artifact in the clouds that I thought looked interesting. By 7:11:32 pm the artifact looked like a possible small funnel cloud so I kept on snapping photos as the cloud developed. At 7:12 and 7:14 I took two video clips to capture the swirling and sounds of the storm. This photo was taken at 7:15 pm. By 7:16 the cloud appeared to almost touch the water. The winds picked up further along with the strange almost like a train noise. As the cloud approached us, we ran for cover barely making it indoors before the rain hit. We watched from indoors as a wall of rain quickly approached. The last video showed the wall of rain just before it hit our house with an annotation by me of "Oh my God!"


3 comments:

  1. Wow. This is amazing. Thanks for sharing this image and the story, which is a great meditation on storms inside, too.

    Happy blog your blessings Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing that you were safe and able to capture the fury on camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! What a true blessing to be able to capture the fury of the storm. It was very impressive!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.