I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Family and Friends Celebrating a Milestone


Family of Ducks
August 17, 2007

Yesterday morning I was still pretty frustrated at being locked out of access to one of my blogs so I didn't feel much like blogging. The other three blogs have been mirrored but not activated on the other site yet. I bought two domains, one for my cooking blog and the other for my gardening blog. Now I have to figure out what to do with them. I will likely buy domains for this blog and the homemaking blog as well. Lots of fun all due to a spam bot that is capable of giving false positives apparently due to Adsense! The funny thing is I don't advertise on any of my blogs.

The kids are home again this weekend as we have a wedding this afternoon. The day after our anniversary party we got wonderful news (more on that after Tuesday) so having the all kids home feels good. I must share that a few days after the anniversary party several people gave us the loveliest complements on our kids. Words included: awesome, fabulous, very caring, loving and you must be so proud. We knew all that :) but just had to tell the kids as well. They have matured into beautiful adults each with their own unique talents and gifts. They are a true blessing in every sense of the word!

Yesterday we took our son and daughter-in-law for a boat ride. She hadn't been on the boat yet due to timing and weather. Our first stop was for gas and in case you hadn't heard, gas for boats is more expensive than gas on land. We no longer flinch as the price for a fill-up nears the $200 mark knowing that it will likely last us if we are really lucky another trip out. Seriously, we took one son and his two friends water skiing then to the swim hole last year and calculated the cost to run the boat just in gas was $140! Boats are not cheap to operate and the phrase "hole in the water" does ring true sometimes. But enough about cost because for us boating is a way to spend time with our family and friends.

As we came out the cut from re-fueling we saw this family of ducks sunning themselves on a rock while the daddy duck stood guard. We stopped to take pictures. It reinforced my philosophy of the importance of family. The nurturing, guiding, supporting, loving is eternal. Sure there will always be some rough spots but as a family we always get through them. So today as we celebrate our true friends' daughter's wedding and watch their family grow, we will hug ours a little tighter. Once again family and friends will celebrate a milestone. May she and her new husband always experience as much love and laughter as we have and may they always be blessed with the loving support of family!


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.