I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, March 21, 2008

footprints


My Footprints

Footprints are the tangible marks we leave behind. Depending on the medium they may be lasting but even if there is no lasting visible impression there is always an effect. It might be very minor and easily brushed aside but still the effect remains. I don't often talk of my childhood not even with my family. When I was growing up Easter was as now church oriented. I can always remember the excitement. It was never about chocolate or bunnies or baskets but it was about tulips. They had to be up and ready to cut for Easter Sunday at least enough to pin on a Sunday dress. Wearing a red tulip meant your mother was alive while a white meant your mother was passed on. I had the honour of wearing both. To this day the footprints of both intertwine my heart and influence me, their footprints never leaving. It's been one heck of a journey...my own and not one shared with anyone, not even those closest to me and the ones that I love the most. Two tulips, one red, one white......

Garden Gnome
©2007


2 comments:

  1. That is an interesting post. I never heard of this tradition. Thanks for enlightening me. God bless your Easter!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.