I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

where's my crane time?


Sharp Shinned Hawk
March 10, 2008

It did not take long for a Sharpie (Sharp Shinned Hawk) to visit our gardens. I've had the feeders out since we moved in but still to have a Sharpie is an honour. It means I've attracted enough of a diversity of birds to the feeders that could support a Sharpie that feeds off of smaller birds. It can take a few years to attract hawks to your garden since they are looking for a particular food source. For me it was exciting because we have had a rodent problem, something the Sharpie will take care of. However, my husband is not quite as excited given his vivid memories of picking up Mourning Dove carcasses from the last time a Sharpie visited. We will have to see how this one works out. He's been visiting almost daily for the past couple of weeks.

I have suffered from severe sinus headaches for the last five years or so. A few days ago I awoke to pain and being groggy from sleep thought it was a sinus headache. Wrong! Coming to my senses I realized this was very different. I had a stye! Lord all mighty, there was no way it could be a stye since I had my tear ducts lanced years ago. During my pre-teens I would routinely get two to three styes on one eyelid at one time. So they finally lanced the ducts and by early teens styes were history. I dragged my sleepy butt to the mirror and sure enough there in all its red, irritated glory was one heck of a beauty of a stye. Just special! Just what I needed! I should mention I'm still dealing with these other health problems so I really don't need anything else. The stye took a couple of days to subside only to be replaced by two more styes. Now I'm getting just a tad on the ticked off side with this turn of events! It's deja vu...

Where the heck is my crane time?

Garden Gnome
©2007


2 comments:

  1. I have oft been upset to see the remains of a hawk attack in my yard even though I know it is natural selection

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a pretty site for sure :(

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.