I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, March 10, 2008

Late BYBS Post

First Robin of 2008
March 7, 2008

I didn't get a chance to post a BYBS post yesterday but I really had to post a delayed one. Read on and you will see why. Sighting the first robin of the season is always a true blessing. This little fellow was scavanging food under the bird feeds on Friday. Despite the weather warnings of a nasty storm, I continued prepping food for the baby shower I was hosting Saturday afternoon. My husband was hosting his poker game Saturday evening so I was also preparing for that. The robin flitted around the yard leading me to think the weatherman was bonkers. Saturday morning I was up bright and early to finish the prep and cooking. It was clear with a nasty looking sky so as far as I was concerned everything was a full go. However, by the time I finished my cup of coffee it was white out conditions with fierce winds and drifts quickly rising. Then I got the phone call no parent wants.

Some of our kids came down the night before the storm hit so they were fine. The ones (aka expectant ones) had a get together Friday night so had called to say they would be travelling in the morning. So Saturday morning when a call came from their cell phone I immediately thought they were calling to say they were on their way. Right and wrong! They called to say they were on their way but spun their SUV out and were waiting for the OPP. Mom-to-be was driving. Preliminary assess said the SUV as a write-off, unrepairable and they've only had it about three months! Anyway, there were no injuries but she went for assessment at a nearby hospital where the did an ultra sound. The amazing blessing is they are ok without a mark, the baby is ok and no one else was involved in the accident. I ended up calling all the baby shower guests to tell them the shower was cancelled and to stay safe by staying off the roads.

Garden Gnome
©2007


4 comments:

  1. I saw an oriole the other day! Its excited to know Spring is coming when you start seeing different birds!

    I'm glad everyone was ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:18 AM

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the mama-to-be is OK. Phew!

    Those first robins are always a blessing. I posted about these critters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you everyone for the well wishes for soon-to be mom, dad and second grandbaby. We are so very thankful that all were and are still safe. The SUV is a write-off but that can be replaced compared to their lives. Thank goodness for guardian angels!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.