I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, May 22, 2008

back homeside


View from Plane
May 13, 2008

As you know we've been away on our spring vacation. Unlike previous vacation plans I did not disclose our departure date, destination or our return date and that was for personal reasons. Ok, I really want to expand on this one for my valued and loyal readers but I can't because of at least one problem reader. We are home now after a much needed and very wonderful vacation of which I will be posting about in the next few posts so will give the destination and some details.

I was excited to test out the new iPod Touch for this vacation because it meant when I wanted a bit of down time I could go online. I couldn't get it to work at the first airport but once at our destination then at the airport when leaving I had no problems. The only downside is I am now seriously addicted to Krispykreme rich brew coffee. That is your first clue that our destination was within North America. I'm not much of a doughnut eater but that coffee was most excellent! I liked that the iPod Touch allowed me to stay in touch thanks to their free Wi-Fi service and I was able to find other Wi-Fi hot spots where we were. I went online before leaving then printed off a set of free Wi-Fi locations for our destination. What I really liked with the iPod Touch was the size! It isn't much bigger than a deck of cards but only a quarter thick so was very easy to keep on me all the time. I was able to keep up with a few entrecards and replying but composing a post was horrid at best so I'm going to have to work on this one.

It was a rather different vacation. Friends of ours met up with us the day of our arrival but their hearts were not into the trip. Then I got sick and that kind of dragged on. Sis in law joined us so that was a real blast. The weather soared to over 100ºF for at least three days which meant I ended up with heat effects as well. So it was a funky trip but we still had a wonderful time. And we always do. Honestly any time I can spend with my husband is a good time. Laughter and good company, that's what it's all about :)

Garden Gnome
©2007


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.