I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, May 15, 2008

hide-aways


Lilacs
May 11, 2006

Lilacs have to be one of my fondest childhood memories. We had three lilac trees. One was the same colour as that pictured, another a pale bluish purple and the last was white. The pinky purple was my absolute favourite especially when in bloom. That was my tree! I couldn't wait for spring to see it in bloom. Then to the dismay of my Mom as climbing trees wasn't very ladylike, I would climb up to find my favourite sitting spot while breathing in their sweet fragrance. Years of trimming had formed a perfect sitting cradle complete with a couple of stumps just perfect for small feet to boost their way up to that special spot. Most times I brought a book with me and later the much cherished Kodak instamatic camera. Embraced by the leafy bows and hidden from view, I spent many a summer afternoon shielded from the heat while enjoying a good book.

My lilacs are just starting to blossom here reminding me of days gone by...

Garden Gnome
©2007


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.