I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Shirley Temple Black (1928 - )

When I was young one of the things I looked forward to was watching Shirley Temple movies Sunday afternoons. My other favourite was The Wonderful of Disney but was terrified of The Wizard of Oz. Back then we didn't watch a lot of television not because we only had four channels through the arial but because there were so many other kid things to do outside. My Mom looked forward to watching Bonanza and The Big Valley. Every Sunday night the television was tuned to The Lawrence Welk Show.



Bill Bojangles Robinson and Shirley Temple
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farms
1938


I have remained a Shirley Temple Black fan over the years collecting memorabilia include all of her movies in various formats. As DVDs of her movies came out, I collected those as well even though I have them in VHS. Many of the old movies have been colourized but I have to admit I prefer the black and white versions. Our television was a black and white so that's the way I remember them. Original paper doll cut-out books, colbalt blue bowls and cups, news clippings, collector dolls and other collector items along with her award winning autobiography Child Star joined my collection years ago. I'm always on the look-out to add more to my collection. Thanks to YouTube I have discovered some lovely video clips so will be enjoying them as well.

Garden Gnome
©2007


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.