I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, May 10, 2009

BYBS - Flowers

Blog Your Blessings Sunday
The past week was a stressful one yet throughout the difficulties one blessing helped me keep things in perspective. Flowers became the blessing theme for the week both indoors and outdoors. I cannot imagine my life without flowers! Flowers ask nothing of you, make no demands and yet give so much. Even the flowers on plants some consider as weeds are beautiful. I can't recall ever seeing an ugly flower!

My husband surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of bright flowers to brighten the family room. A variety of narcissus, crocuses and crabapple blooms brightened the gardens. The Vinca major, Lamiums and Sweet Woodruff are blooming as are a couple of smaller flowering bushes. The lilac bushes are just starting to bloom. I discovered two new large patches of beautiful but unidentified flowers. One has bright yellow flowers with pale tips that are about 3 inch diameter. The other similar flowers that appear to be a double bloom in white with pink streaks. Both are very pretty and there appears to be a fair amount of the same plants that are not mature enough to bloom yet. The lily of the valley are up but not in full bloom yet. Even the few cheery dandelions were enough to bring a smile!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day. While we were on our trip, I took lots of pictures of flowers. I will post them on my travel blog if/when I get that site back up.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.