I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, May 29, 2009

Ducklings


Duck Egg
May 29, 2009

This is the second spring that we've had a nesting pair of Mallard Ducks but I suspect they have been nesting here for quite some time. The ducklings have hatched! Pictured is the remains of one of the six egg shells. The nest is tucked well under the bushes close to the water protecting the babies from harm. I didn't want to intrude to far so as to stress the mom. Shortly I will be able to get pictures of the little ones!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.