I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, May 22, 2009

A Sad Ending


Reflections
May 16, 2009

Several years back when our kids were pre-teens a little girl in the Detroit area went missing. At the time I followed the story of this little one. Unfortunately the outcome was not good. I cried for the family then was horrified when it later came out that the mother had been involved. I'm sorry that is just not something I can understand! Mothers and fathers are supposed to protect their children from harm. I know that just the sheer act of giving birth to a child does not make you a parent but the instinct to protect your child from harm begins for most the moment you find out you are expecting.

Once again I have been following the story of little Victoria (Tori) Stafford who was 8 years old when she was abducted in Woodstock, Ontario on April 8, 2009. Again the outcome is the worst case scenerio. Two individuals are now in custody with the 28 year old male charged with abduction and murder while the 18 female charged with abduction and accessory to murder. There is some indication her charge will be updated to murder as well even though she is helping police in locating Tori's remains.

I've been very active in trying to get the word out to bring this little girl home. Because of that I have refrained from passing judgement against the parents of Tori. I'm sorry, the following is going to sound very harsh but it echos what others have already been saying and it is my gut feeling.


Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:27 AM

    I really agree with your thoughts.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.