I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Chaos!



Indian Cove, Georgian Bay


I chose this picture of Indian Cove on Georgian Bay to remind me of the quiet times. We love this area and make several trips. Some summers the bay is not really warm enough to swim in. The guys will brave jumping the cliffs just to say they were in the water. I'm the official picture taker so might get part of a toe in the water if I'm lucky. The area is absolutely beautiful! It is full of nature and peace, just what I need to be reminded of right now.

We had to buy a new refrigerator, special order because of what we needed and wanted. My kitchen is currently torn apart because we had to make a little more room for the new fridge. When my kitchen is in disorder, I cannot function! The less than a year old stove that has a down draft system had to be moved over by about an inch. No problem except the motor, fan and venting is all screwed into the floor and wall AND order to move it over the countertop had to be cut. So the one vent pipe didn't want to co-operate but don't worry my husband used a few choice words very quietly spoken BUT that is not good enough, to get the new fridge in the spot we had to remove the 1/2" baseboard. No problem now that means fixing that part of the wall and repainting before the new fridge arrives. Then because we are donating the old fridge to a charity, I have to do a power cleaning. It is a side-by-side. I have the freezer component completely cleaned and have started on the fridge component. We haven't bought anything needing refrigeration since we ordered the new fridge and we have been using up whatever from the fridge we can. The meat keeper and vegetable keeper are now empty and cleaned. The water line for the new fridge is scheduled to be installed on Tuesday by a contractor.

On the book front, I'm making slow progress. Working at it daily and as the ideas come helps a lot. I'll be glad when things calm just a little so I can focus better.

Garden Gnome


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.