I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Directions



Inuckshuck


From the very beginnings of time, man has tried to mark his path. In the northern regions, inuckshucks are a common site and you will see them in every size. They are meant to point the way. Now originally they were meant to mark north and south but some newer builders don't know that. This picture is of an inuckshuck on Georgian Bay. The trick in building these structures to is get the long arm pointing north and balancing the rocks. There is an art to building them. I have an inuckshuck in my garden. It gets a lot of attention and true to form the long arm does point north. Still when you see them, whether built correctly or not many are impressive.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.