I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, October 21, 2006

End of Season



Sunset


We have spent the better part of the day cleaning out the boat and greenhouse for winterizing. We also did a little more winterizing on the house. It is cold, damp and grey. We were going to take one last ride then decided a nice warm house would be a little more pleasant way to spend our time. The cold has gone right through to the bone!

Much of my evenings are now being spent on my book. While the primary focus is telling the story of my seventh great grandparents, I just can't help continuing on researching other lines. It is nice that the weather has turned colder. With much of the outside work completed along with the pantry well stocked because of home preserving, a lot of time can now be used for genealogy. I have more indoor winterizing to do as well as knitting and sewing, but for the most part genealogy will be my main activity,

I like breaking my days up into blocks of time. I have found that if I want to winterize, splitting it into 15 minute daily segments, I get a lot more accomplished than if I tried to do it all at once. The same is true with the genealogy and writing the book although I tend to do longer segments. When I get to the point of being frustrated or draw a blank, I set things aside and move onto something else. Busy hands often help the mind calm then think clearer. So it is with genealogy.

Sometimes my mind is quietest when sleeping or is it? Sleep is really just an altered state that gives us another perspective as to what is happening in our lives. I can't begin to count the number of times that I wake from a very vivid dream, run down the stairs and connect to the internet or open my book file. Most times the book file is not even closed, just saved often. I've taken to keeping a note pad on my night stand not so much for the vivid dreams but those dreams that may just give hints to a possible lead. I think sleep is just a suggestion with so much going on in my life right now. It is exciting times!

Garden Gnome


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.