I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, October 23, 2006

Like I Needed This..

Another View of Indian Cove, Georgian Bay, Ontario Canada

Again I chose this picture for inspiration. This is another view of Indian Cove but instead of looking towards the Indian head to the right, it is looking to the left. This area is absolutely breathtaking! We used to camp there a couple times a year now we get to the area annually.

I had a dermatologist appointment this afternoon but by mid-morning it was apparent I would not be going anywhere. I woke this morning to my right eye quite swollen and left eye swollen just on the upper lid. The chances of it being a spider bite, to which I react badly, is remote since my husband insists on having the house professionally sprayed for spiders. He said is is easier to spray than to deal with my bad reactions. By early afternoon much of the swelling had subsided but my eyes have very nice shiners, are itchy and very irritated. So, I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is but the indication is infection rather than insect bite. By mid afternoon, the scratchiness and air sensitivity was enough I used Polysporin eyedrops. If is an infection, this will at least start working until I can get into the doctor's if need be.

Like I needed this. My kitchen is torn apart with painting needing to be done before the new fridge arrives. The fridge is now blocking half of the archway. Paint fumes are the last thing I felt like dealing with today but I did. The first coat is on. I'll be able to get the second coat on later tonight out of necessity since the contractor is coming tomorrow to install the water line for the fridge.

Needless to say, genealogy and my book is taking a back burner until my kitchen is restored to normal and my eyes return somewhat to normal. My book is starting with my seventh great grandparents although earlier generations will briefly be discussed. The note pad beside on my night stand is getting a real work-out as I wake often during the night with thoughts or ideas. Some of my dreams have been so realistic and vivid. Perhaps my ancestors are trying to tell their stories through my dreams. That's always fun to speculate about. Despite everything, I'll work on the book tonight as planned. It is important to me the story is told and because this is scheduled to be the first in a series, the sooner I get the manuscript finished the better.

Garden Gnome


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.