I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, October 02, 2006

Road Trips

Thursday's Rainbow

Thursday we decided to start winterizing the gardens. For me there is always a feeling of sadness so my husband know this suggested we go out for dinner. While we were getting cleaned up it decided to rain and was still raining when we left. On the way, this glorious rainbow appeared lifting my spirits immensely. We pulled over and took several pictures managing to even get one picture of both sides of the rainbow's arch. Rainbows are just one of those things that are meant to stop life so you can enjoy them!

We decided on a spur of the moment road trip Saturday morning but we didn't end up leaving until mid-afternoon. I already had tomato juice canning so had to wait for that. After several calls to our kids we decided where to meet and where we would be eating dinner out. This is always an exceptional time as all our kids come together at one meeting location and we go out for dinner. The choice of the dinner is normally collective one. This time it was for Chinese, and by golly was it ever good! I took a picture of the barbequed whole pig to post on my cooking blog. He was really cute with his sunglasses. After dinner, we gathered at one of the kid's houses for lots of family bonding time, something we feel is extremely important. Then we travelled to another kid's house to stay overnight.

The following morning was the Run for a Cure that the kids were participating in. Later we had a lovely lunch then headed to my number one favourite store, IKEA. It is one of the very few places I enjoy shopping. They have such neat storage ideas and if I really want, I can shop online or through their catalogue. I had a list of things I wanted because we don't get there very often. I ended up with a nice halogen light for one of the bathrooms, a tea light candle strip (may be for a gift), a magnet knife rack, corresponding clear top metal tins for the rack, unscented candle mini pillars, and new cutting boards. My husband picked up a table and desk. Now, this took us several hours.

If you have ever seen The Brady Bunch Movie, yep, that's us! This type of shopping is a family affair and the more family members the better. We shop as a group too, usually with the gals together and the guys together with everyone stopping to look at what one person wants to look at. We have a blast! Yesterday was no exception. After a couple of pit stops on the way home, we finally crawled into bed about 11:30 pm, happy but exhausted!

That was our weekend to regenerate us for the upcoming week.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi, thank-you for you lovely compliment. I'm glad you are enjoying my blogs. Be warned, both canning and gardening are very addictive :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.