I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Testing A New Feature

I'm playing with a few blogging features that I haven't used before. I have wanted to add video to my blogs right from the time I started them so today I decided to try it out. I took this video clip on May 19, 2003 using a 2 mega pixels Fuji FinePix digital camera. There is no audio only video. The quality of the video is grainy due to the lower mega pixels but it makes a great test video.



Volcano at The Mirage, Las Vegas, Nevada


The volcano at The Mirage in Las Vegas is the signature attraction. It erupts at the top of the hour from 7 pm to midnight each day. The spectacular and realistic display is free to the public. The heat from the flames can be felt out into the road even when just driving by. Crowds gather to watch this wonderful display.

The video was very easy to upload to Google Video. With one click, the site created the code to embed the video onto my blog. I'm impressed the procedure was so easy and look forward to using videos from time to time on my blogs. The only drawback was the uploading time due to my connection speed. The video is 3.2 MB so rather small compared to the videos my current camera is capable of producing. It is a Canon PowerShot A540 6.0 mega pixels with video and audio. This is something to watch for when buying a digital camera. Video clips are nice because they show the movement but audio just adds so much more to the experience!

Blogging is a really easy way of getting your thoughts and ideas across. The blogging hosts like Blogger make creating a blog relatively easy by providing templates easy to use editing tools without ever having to use Html. However, to add extras or troubleshoot I have found knowing how to use Html very useful.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.