I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rambling and Ranting


Blue Gill
June 9, 2007


On May 31, 2007 we signed the papers waiving all conditions for the purchase of our new house. Officially and legally our house was sold the day before. Little did we know we would be entering the twilight and nightmare zone! The buyers are obnoxious, arrogant snots who demand on getting their own way. They went through four times before the official signing, getting progressively ruder each time. They wouldn't budge on times at all to the point my husband missed his golf day and I missed a doctor's appointment because that was the only time they were available. Then they were only in the house all of 4 minutes! So when they insisted on coming through after signing the contract we told them not on Saturday as we had plans. He called and left a nasty message at my husband's office indicating either we let them in or he would pull out of the deal even though he had signed the sale contract! Excuse me? He signed the contract then was threatening to back out so we cancelled our plans on Saturday and let him go through for the fifth time. Imagine our surprise when he was actually showing the house to another couple! We have rooms pulled apart and boxes stacked. The house is organized chaos! The girl wanted to see under the carpet so he went to lift up the wall to wall carpet in the bedroom when I stopped him. She turned around and said "you will if you want to sell the house". I calmly told her no, the carpet stays as is. It is sold! Which part of that don't they understand? Well they were nice and pissy so we took that opportunity in front of both real estate agents to verbally notify them we were not available for them to go through for the following two weekends. Then my husband met with the lawyer this morning to weigh our options. You know threating to take your ball and go home when you don't even have the ball is not the brightest move in the book. At best the deal completes as intended. At worst we end up owning two waterfront properties, one of which will be sold very quickly if the first deal falls through. Of course if that happens there is the following lawsuit not something very appealing given I'm in one now (in my favour). Either way, we move on the 28th period.

BTW, I'm not sure if this is a rambling or ranting post or just one to get things off my mind. As upset and concerned as I am, some very positive things have come out of this deal so far. First I haven't killed the little snots and that is likely a very good thing. Second, I have bit my tongue a lot so as to not come back with snarky comments. Third, my husband and I are pulling on the same rope so we are gaining strength from each other. Forth, somehow despite everything I'm finding an inner calm. It's weird but I know what has to be done and so despite the stress there is still calm. Yesterday the phrase this too shall pass popped into my head and from that point the calm has grown.

Take care and many blessings to you,


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:56 AM

    Oh my goodness. We are getting ready to put our house on the market, and your horror story is exactly what I hope to avoid. I know some buyers can be so bad. I have a relative in real-estate and we have heard some serious stories. Ugh!

    I wish you guys the best and I will pray for you, that you get exactly what you need to make you happy.

    Love your blog - seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you enjoy my blog. Unfortunately some buyers have bad attitudes and you can't pick your buyer. Our real estate agent says the end result is she doesn't care who the buyer is as long as they write the cheque.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.