I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Life in General


Wake
June 9, 2007


And the soap opera of our move continues but we are plugging on despite the hassles. I joked with my husband yesterday that someday we would sit on the porch in our rocking chairs laughing at the whole event. Today instead of dwelling on the negative, I thought I would post some positive things going on. From the picture you can tell we've had the boat out. She's a sweet thing big enough to stay on for a weekend or so yet powerful enough to water ski. All worries melt away when you are on the water. A lot of factors play into this from the humming of the motor to the splashing of the water against the boat to the glistening of the water to the sun kissing your face and to the wind blowing through your hair. Aside of hiking in a deep forest, being on the water is one of the few times I feel totally at peace. Not that I don't feel at peace at other times but this is a total peace, a one of a kind feeling where absolutely nothing else matters and all is well in the universe. It's where I blend entirely with the environment to become one.

On the good news front, we have family reunion fast approaching and a wedding for one of our kids. At that time we will be step-parents to two lovely teenagers so we can't wait to get to know them better. Furthering the good news, our first grandbaby aka Grandpa's Suckie or Grandma's Toy is now sitting on her own and quite proud of that fact so she decided to play the roll-over game as well. You should see the pictures! Her Mom aka my baby aka (sib nic name) reports she has also taken to maneuvering herself down the stairs on her bottom when someone holds her arms. I can't wait to see this one! Mom also reports some serious teething going on with the teeth being ready to break the gums any day now. The internet and email is just so amazing that we can get pictures and videos of this kind of thing within minutes of it happening!

Apparently I turned a year older this month. Having spent that particular day in the dentist chair and at physio, I declined to go out for dinner. I think I feel a bit older but I'm looking good and feeling pretty dog gone good too :) I thought about shopping a bit for the new house, not much just solar lights, in between appointments but realized the friendly MOT would rather have my time and money. I can't say the picture on my license will look much better but it probably couldn't get much worse. I do hope they tweaked the filters to get that nice glint of grey something some of my friends don't get that I won't colour it but it is important to me to keep my hair completely untreated.

So in an hour or so I hope to be washing the worries of the day away as we enjoy another scenic view of the water.

Until tomorrow,


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:52 AM

    I really like your blog. I found you through blog mad but I will be back on my own. Good luck with your move, and you sound like me with the white rocking chairs on the front porch. One can dream of what she wants, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole, I'm so glad you are enjoying my blog. I'm hoping the rest of the move goes smoothly and keeping my fingers crossed the buyer follows through. Those rocking chairs are getting closer :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.