I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Generosity and Support of Our Family and Friends

sunrise on greenhouse
Sunrise on Greenhouse

I sleep poorly for various reason even at the best of times but with the looming moving date quickly approaching my normal sleep of about four hours has become disrupted. So just after four this morning I was up and ready for the day. I don't mind this time of day and I love watching the sunrise to the awakening world. It's funny the thoughts that flit through your mind while packing. The peace of the morning allows these thoughts to flow freely allowing me to ponder a bit at times.

Four years ago July 1 we moved to this house. I can't believe it's only been four years as so much has happened in such a short period of time. Our lives have changed so much! We had bought the house based solely on location being waterfront property and had never seen the inside. My husband just had to be on the water! The house itself is quite cottage style with sloping ceilings upstairs that remind me of my childhood home. When we moved in everything was painted what the previous owner called chestnut but really was builder's beige almost a peach colour. We put our touches on the inside with Redwing Red in my husband's sports room, taupe for most of the house and pink for my kitchen. I've never been in another house where pink worked for a kitchen but here it just does. I can't say I'm fond of green painted anything but chose that for the garage and back door because it matched the exterior. We added our touches everywhere. Now as the house becomes stripped of our touches it once again becomes a house not a home.

I'm purposely avoiding the garden right now. I put so much work into it's creation and the reality is the new owners are likely going to demolish it. Instead I'm working on packing and am behind on my June 15th goal of everything packed. I'm back in physio which is helping but physical limitations are playing a role as to how much I can pack each day. Exactly one week from today we are moving. Today is the second last garbage day so I want to make the most of it. Yet I can't help pondering over certain things.

The generosity and support of our family and friends has been amazing! We have offers for help for this last week of packing, several trucks ready for the move even though we hired movers for the bigger items and we have both family and friends coming to help get the new house organized. I can't even begin to put into words how much this means to us. We are so very blessed to have such an out pouring of support this way!


2 comments:

  1. It's a difficult life change, isn't it?

    Hope all goes well.

    BFF,
    Miss T

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does pay to keep focused on the carrot aka the new house. It's not so much that it is a difficult change more that it is a disorienting one.

    Thank-you for the well wishes. Six more days!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.