I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I Need a Magic Wand

This cartoon by Jeff Bucchino sums up just what I need right now! I would greatly appreciate a magic wand to help finish the packing here and the unpacking at the new house. It's two days before we move. I wasn't able to reach my goal of having everything packed by the 15th but we are just about ready. Last night we celebrated with our final cooked meal here, grilled fillet mignon. As of today we will be either eating out or take-out as it is just too difficult to cook with the kitchen torn apart and most of the food packed. We also know on the other end we have to do a kitchen renovation that means replacing a non-working dishwasher as well as removing an ancient stovetop and built-in oven so the JennAir will fit resulting in replacing the countertop. The renovation is top priority because of our closely approaching anniversary party.

As a Harry Potter fan, I know the wand chooses the wizard. What the wand is made of and its qualities are very important. I wonder what my wand would be made of and what qualities it would have if I were so lucky to have a wand? I think it would have to have a bit of willow for the core to be strong enough to bend but not break. I'm rather partial to oak but a cherry wood wand would likely choose me as well. I think it would have extra sparks when used to bring pleasue to the eye much like fireworks. At any rate a magic wand would be very helpful right now!


5 comments:

  1. Garden Gnome, you certainly get around. I've been surfing via BE & I've seen several of your blogs today alone!

    I was sad to read about how you'll miss your beautiful garden, but just think about how much fun you'll have setting up the new one.

    Hope your move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi cube! Thanks for stopping by my blogs. I have four with the cooking and gardening blogs being the oldest. My personal blog was started later as a way of posting personal things. The homemaking blog was created by special request from some of my readers.

    I am sad to leave this garden but excited to see what is in the new gardens and how I can expand on it. So it will be a new adventure.

    Thanks for your well wishes. Two more days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, time already? June seems to be flying past.

    Good luck with the move and the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your well wishes Dana! Isn't it amazing how fast the time is flying by? When we signed the deal May 31, June 28 seemed like such a long time and now it's almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempus fugit. Now get back to work ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.