I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - Our House

ocean view from condo
Ocean View from Condo
January 21, 2008

Update: Things are going as well as to be expected here. The weather is more like March than February so we never know what to expect. The health problems that almost cancelled our vacation have not subsided and it appears from two ultra sounds that the obvious suspected causes are not the causes so I'm onto more tests this coming week and the next. We've started working on the kitchen and baths as well as adding finishing touches to the family room. This has been a nice diversion. I'll be posting about this more on my homemaking blog.

It has been an event filled week with more good than bad. I'm not negating the bad but rather choose to dwell on the positive. I think that in itself is a real blessing. I'm really lucky to live in a country where medical treatment is easily available. I'm sure with persistence the problem will be resolved so just having that faith is a blessing as well.

As many of you know we moved here last June. We did a full month of get go to get the house presentable for a large family event. After that we were tired and honestly we really didn't have a good feel as to how we wanted to decorate. The lower level (main level) is mainly tongue and groove wood with the exception of the field stone fireplace and about a 5' height of wall from wainscotting to tongue and groove wood with large beam ceiling. This room is open to the kitchen that has cabinets in the same wood with the same wood ceiling. It is quite impressive and was the selling feature that sold us! I do have to stress what a blessing it was for us to find and be able to buy this house!

I have made several comments over the house to the effect that "it will be a matter of being at the right place and the right time" and "when we see it we will know it will work". I've been searching for a mural for an upper level accent wall but just couldn't find what I wanted. Friday we stopped at Home Hardware and here was this gorgeous wallpaper border so I mentioned to my husband that we could buy the 10 feet needed since they sold it by the foot, paint the wall and at least that would be one more thing done. Well we bought it, then discovered it matched perfectly to the lower level family room. Talk about a real fluke! So Saturday, we picked up more of the border along with fixtures for the upper bathroom and kitchen. Then we went shopping for ideas and tile for all three rooms. This is a bit different as I normally make most of the decorating decisions but my husband is actually giving input this time so that is really a nice change. We had a very enjoyable shopping trip and while we didn't buy a lot, we learned a lot. It really was a lovely day spent with a loved one.

The blessings this past week were many. Some were very subtle and others quite obvious but all were blessings!


5 comments:

  1. It is good to hear that things are going as well as they can be. I hope they only get better in the week to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks blue panther :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan. I have all of your blogs listed in my favs and have been reading them for about nine months now. I found you through some of my Yahoo groups. I consider you a good friend. I'm sorry for your current health trails and will keep you in my prayers. I know how frustrating continual tests can be, especially when the issues are so obvious to you. (Been there, done that and doing it again.)
    I enjoy all your writings, wit and wisdom. And I am so glad to find another woman who has rubbed off on her husband and he is now happily involved with decorating and the like. Mine has kind of gotten there too and it is fun! I am looking forward to you posting pictures of your hanidwork. I loved seeing the befores and afters in your kitchen. Please do share.
    Keep you head and spirits held high.
    Your cyber friend in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. grats again & really working on one's home is definitely tiring but rewarding =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the health matters resolve themselves quickly and definitively. I'm glad you're enjoying your other activities. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.