I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - Vacation Memories


Ocean View from Condo
January 18, 2008

I'm sitting here taking a brief breather before getting the final touches going for the Superbowl party we are hosting today. Last night some 30 people gathered here for my husband's monthly poker game. We host the majority of these events and surprisingly I look forward to them. They are always a lot of fun even if the other wives complain, tongue in cheek, about me spoiling the guys. And to some degree they are spoiled but you know what better way to show someone you appreciate them and their company than to spoil them just a bit? Some of them decided to play cards until breakfast so I fed them a nice, hot breakfast then set about getting things ready for this afternoon and evening of which some 30 to 40 people will be entertained. So that leads me into my many blessings over the past couple of weeks.

As you know we vacationed in sunny Florida of which I'm still sharing tid bits of our vacation with you. I was very blessed to even be able to go as traveling was almost cancelled a couple of days before the flight. We had uneventful flights with really nice crew members each way. The weather for the most part co-operated while we were there and we had a lovely, relaxing yet event filled vacation full of amazing sights and food. How much better could that get? We arrived home to a snow storm and it took us almost twice as long to drive home. Angels above ensured our safe journey so all was well. Health follow-ups have been tentative with complications but I have every faith that all will be well even if it takes a little time. This weekend the angels again watched over our kids as they traveled home safely. The house has been filled with a lot of love and laughter that promises to continue into the late evening hours tonight.

Grandbaby, always our delight snuggled up to me last night, gave me baby kisses then finally drifted off to sleep. Aside from walking and refining many actions, the little one is giving hugs and oh they are so, so precious! Grapes are a tasty snack but blueberries after one taste were hastily shoved into Daddy's mouth. I really had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing! This little one has already learned anything deemed not edible is fair game for anyone's mouth other than the intended one. Grandpa has grown quite fond of soggy Cheerios. Grandma's cookie jar has taken on a whole new meaning. Soon this little one will be teaching the ropes to the new grandbaby who is doing quite well while awaiting his or her's entrance into the grand scheme of things. And life is good :) So many, many blessings!

So our blessings have been overflowing.


1 comment:

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.