I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Goodbye Key West

God Bless America statue in Key West, Florida
God Bless America by Steward Johnson Jr.
Key West Museum of Art and History
January 17, 2008


During our trip to Mallory Square I noticed the workers putting up a statue God Bless America by J. Seward Johnson Jr. statue that pays homage to the painting American Gothic by Grant Wood. This statue stands twenty-five feet tall in front of the Key West Museum of Art and History. It was being installed as we wandered Mallory Square so I couldn't get a good picture because the lift and workers were in the way. We took a drive by the following morning so I managed to get a couple of shots of the statue. It is obvious from both that they were still working on the statue but still it was impressive. I really would have liked the time to view the exhibit in the museum but we were on a schedule to arrive in No Name Key by lunch time. So with a bit of a tear we bid good-bye to Key West heading north on US 1.

Key West was amazing to visit! We had a wonderful but too short time there. We are already planning our next visit there. This is a must visit location filled with a lot of beautiful scenery and beautiful people. You certainly won't regret the journey.


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.