I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, February 04, 2008

Coral Reef Mural

coral reef mural
Coral Reef Mural
Key West
January 16, 2007

Wall art has always fascinated me right from the time I can remember. I am rather partial to old advertising on brick facades that more and more are being restored for historical value. However, any kind of wall art will get my attention including graffetti. This type of art as with any art is always conveying something from the artist that they want to share with others. It can be a message, a feeling, an advertisement or anything thing in between. I will go out of my way to get pictures of these gems so was quite excited to discover an original mural by Wyland on the Waterfront Market/Reef Relief in Key West. The building sits on the corner of William Street and the mural wraps around two sides of it (not shown). Artist Guy Harvey contributed to the painting in the later stages. This mural replaces a mural Wyland completed at the same location in 1993. The new mural was unveiled on September 29, 2003. The photo is of one side of the mural only. As you can see the colours are stunning and so appropriate for the Key West landscape!


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.